Noida and Greater Noida buyers met Honorable UP Chief minister Mr. Yogi Adityanath today who listened to the common plight of buyer community in the region. Complaints of 30 odd group housing under-construction and partially delivered projects were submitted to the CM. Construction Delay, unjustified demand and maintenance issues were some of the key issues that were discussed. UP CM was accompanied with Industrial development minister Mr. Satish Mahanama, Noida/Greater Noida CEO Mr. Amit Mohan and principal secretary Mr. Alok Sinha. The buyers were accompanied by Noida MLA Mr. Pankaj Singh.
Below are some of the key directions by Mr Yogi:
1) Directed Authority CEO and Chairman to make a separate cell for group housing projects (Similar to citizen charter for other services).
2) The cell to resolve all buyers concerns in a time bound manner.
3) As a first step, Authority to facilitate meeting of builder with buyers.
4) If the meeting doesn’t solve buyer issues, Authority to take action against the builder within the ambit of contract.
5) Strict actions against authority personnel if found ineffective in solving buyers issue in a timely manner.
6) Apprised that there is a delay in formation of regulatory authority for RERA. However, the same shall be formed as soon as possible.
Mr. Yogi is likely to discuss details of today’s meeting further with his cabinet in month of May.
A lot of credit for arranging this meeting goes to NEFOWA (Noida extension flat owners welfare association) whose constant push for buyer’s rights have led to a steady revolution among real estate buyers dealing with atrocities from under construction project promoters.Last updated: April 28, 2017 at 12:57 pm