Best boarding schools in India
Dear Parents, after an extensive research of schools, we list down some of the best Boarding schools in India at the moment. We considered around 20 schools for the Survey and arrived at the list of top Boarding schools in India. This includes the best Boys as well as Girls Boarding schools in India. As you would find below, the list is arrived to on the combined basis of key parameters like Academics, Individual attention to child, Infrastructure, Parents-Teacher interaction and general safety standards for the child. Parents looking for a particular characteristic in school can sort this list by the same. Parent reviews, interaction with some of the schools, social insights from online portals and board results are some of the key inputs to this list.
The basis for arriving at overall ratings for the school is as follows: We have taken 20% of Academics, 20% of Safety/Security and 20% of Individual attention to child as key parameters for overall ratings. Other than these parameters, 15% of Co-curricular, 10% of Extra-curricular and 5% each of ‘Parents-Teacher Interaction’, ‘Infrastructure’ and ‘Teacher Welfare’ have been considered.
|Rank||School Name||Academics||Safety/Security||Individual attention||Parents Interaction||Co-curricular||Extra co-curricular||Infrastructure||Teacher Welfare||Total|
|2||Mayo College Ajmer||95||85||85||90||90||90||90||90||89|
|3||The Doon school Dehradun||85||90||85||80||95||90||90||90||88.25|
|4||Mayo College Girls School Ajmer||90||85||85||85||90||90||95||90||88|
|5||The Scindia school Gwalior||90||85||85||85||90||90||90||90||87.75|
|6||Welham Boys School Dehradun||90||85||85||80||95||90||85||85||87.75|
|7||Good Shepherd International School, Ooty||85||90||85||85||90||90||95||85||87.75|
|8||Scindia Kanya Vidyalaya, Gwalior||90||85||85||85||85||85||80||85||85.75|
|9||Welham Girls School, Dehradun||90||85||85||85||90||80||80||80||85.75|
|10||Bishop Cotton School, Shimla||85||90||80||80||85||85||85||90||85|
|11||St. Georges College Mussoorie||85||85||75||80||90||90||85||85||84|
|12||St. Pauls School, Darjeeling||80||85||80||80||85||85||85||85||82.75|
The schools were surveyed on following parameters:
- Academics – Defined by Last year score, principal/headmistress/academic coordinator lineage, average experience level of teachers, criteria for employment.
- Individual attention to child – Defined by Student Teacher Ratio, Parents Feedback.
- Safety/Security – Defined by Safety measures at Entry/Exit Gates, CCTVs, Number of Floors, flooring/pool/play area safety, Bus safety standards, Parents Feedback.
- Infrastructure – Defined by facilities/amenities and quality of infra.
- Parents involvement – Defined by PTMs, Number of Events where parents are invited, Parents Feedback.
- Co-curricular -Defined by Intra and Inter school Events conducted, Parents Feedback.
- Extra curricular -Defined by Intra and Inter school Events conducted, Association with Play academies, Play area infra, Parents Feedback.
- Teacher Welfare -Number of holidays for teachers, average working hours, Teacher Welfare Survey feedback.
The Survey for best boarding schools in India took the following into consideration:
- Survey forms submitted by 3 to 5 Parents and 3 to 5 non-Parents for each school/Desk Survey
- Survey form submitted by schools given at https://go4reviews.in/2018/10/go4reviews-school-survey-form-day-schools-play-schools ( There were some Schools that didn’t respond to requests and for such cases, the weight-age of consideration # 1 was extended)
- SchoolBrainer’s Social Sentiment Analytics
‘Survey Form’ and ‘Parents Feedback and Desk Survey’ constituted 30% each while ‘Online Survey’ and ‘Social Analytics’ constituted 20% each.
Note: The collective points were rounded off to nearest multiple of 5. Where the Total points for two or more schools were same, Schools that rank high on Academics was ranked higher overall.
Write to us if you have questions about these schools or would like us to review any other school (we need around 2 weeks for completing reviews of a school).
Disclaimer: This post is not an endorsement of the schools and parents’ discretion is advised in selecting a school.
Last Updated on March 16, 2020 by Go4Reviews
5 thoughts on “Best boarding schools in India”
Any good boarding school in Delhi ncr?
Genesis global school is a good option if looking for something in delhi ncr only.
Mayo College is good. I don’t think any school has that kind of infrastructure
I agree. Mayo is unmatchable on infrastructure
Doon has gone down a bit since last couple of years. Less individual attention to kids nowadays.