Best ICSE schools in Gurgaon
ICSE board is the most sought after curriculum in India after CBSE. ICSE is believed to be liberal in teaching methodologies in initial/primary years. However, in the secondary classes, ICSE is generally believed to have a vaster syllabus in comparison to CBSE. Still, the demand for ICSE is always there due to its focus on English as a teaching language. We hence bring to you the best ICSE schools in Gurgaon to help you decide.
There are a dozen ICSE affiliated schools in Gurgaon as of year 2018. The list of best ICSE schools in Gurgaon is provided below in order of their rankings:
- The Shri Ram School, Moulsari Avenue Phase – 3 D.L.F. City, Gurgaon. This is one of the most sought after school in Delhi NCR. Academics has been brilliant and it also provides enough exposure to non-academic activities to children. Our rating: 9.5/10
- The Shri Ram School, Aravali, Hamilton Court Complex Phase -4 D.L.F. City, Gurgaon. Like its Moulsari division, this school has also done very well in recent times. Our rating: 9/10
- Shikshantar Sr. Sec. School, J – Block South City I, Gurgaon. With an average percentage of 87, this school is fast catching up with the Shriram group. Extremely good in academics and with good exposure provided to children, this is a go to choice for many parents. Our rating: 9/10
- Scottish High International School, G – Block Sushant Lok, Sector 57, Gurgaon. This school has excellent infra and a lot of co-curricular and extra curricular events are conducted. The academics has been above average. Our rating: 8.5/10
- Lt. Atul Katarya Memorial School, Opp. C.R.P.F. Camp, Gurgaon. Considering the decent fee structure, this is a good school for those looking for traditional school with good academics. Academics has been a strong point. However, infra is lacking. Our rating: 8/10
- Matrikiran High School, Sector-83,vatika India Next, Gurgaon. Its a new school and the batches start from class VI as primary classes are conducted at Sohna road branch. Infrastructure is quite good and decent exposure is provided to the students. Fees is on higher side.Our rating: 8/10
- Lord Jesus Public School, Sector 8, Gurgaon. The school is highly traditional in nature. Academics is just above average. Our rating: 7.5/10
- Golden Heights School, Sector 56, Gurgaon. The school is again a conventional one and Academics is above average. Our rating: 7/10
- Rishi Public School, Sector – 31, Gurgaon. The school is considered to be good on individual attention and average in academics. Extra curricular options are limited. Our rating: 7/10
- Euro International School, Sector -45 Gurgaon. Has very mixed reviews. Parents feel that infra is not upto the mark and approach-ability too is an issue.Our rating: 6.5/10
The above ratings are based on parameters like Academics, Safety/Security, Individual attention to child, Parents-Teacher Interaction, Co and Extra curricular activities, Infrastructure and Teacher welfare steps adopted. To arrive to the ratings, we have taken 20% of Academics, 20% of Safety/Security and 20% of Individual attention to child as key parameters for overall ratings. These parameters are given highest weightage based on an online Survey we had run 3 months back. Other than these parameters, 15% of Co-curricular, 10% of Extra-curricular and 5% each of ‘Parents-Teacher Interaction’, ‘Infrastructure’ and ‘Teacher Welfare’ have been considered. Details of parameter wise ratings will follow soon.
The schools were surveyed on following parameters:
- Academics – Defined by principal/headmistress/academic coordinator lineage, average experience level of teachers, criteria for employment.
- Individual attention to child – Defined by Student Teacher Ratio, Parents Feedback.
- Safety/Security – Defined by Safety measures at Gates, CCTVs, Number of Floors, flooring/pool/play area safety, Bus safety standards, Parents Feedback.
- Infrastructure – Defined by facilities/amenities and quality of infra.
- Parents involvement – Defined by PTMs, Number of Events where parents are invited, Parents Feedback.
- Co-curricular -Defined by Intra and Inter school Events conducted, Parents Feedback.
- Extra curricular -Defined by Intra and Inter school Events conducted, Association with Play academies, Play area infra, Parents Feedback.
- Teacher Welfare -Number of holidays for teachers, average working hours, Teacher Welfare Survey feedback.
Last Updated on July 6, 2018 by Go4Reviews
6 thoughts on “Best ICSE schools in Gurgaon”
What about extra/co-curricular activities, and communication/personality development skills in Golden Height School? Please advise.
Pingback: Nursery admission age criteria in Gurgaon schools | Schools Real Estate and more
Pingback: Best schools in Gurgaon 2018 | Schools Real Estate and more
I have seen other sites listing only half of the schools. Others do not list the right school. Your list is spot on. And that additionaly grading them.
Is gd goenka also icse board?
No, it is IB and CBSE.