In these days of global economy, people are frequently moving between different countries. It is therefore essential that those with school studying kids opt for an International board like International Baccalaureate(IB) so that child could easily acclimatize between schools in different countries. Since almost all countries have schools with IB, the child gets option of moving to schools with similar curriculum. Hence, the child adapts much faster. We see below some of the best IB schools in Delhi for benefit of such parents.
Unfortunately though, in Delhi, IB schools are limited unlike Gurgaon. List of IB schools in Delhi is provided below in order of their rankings:
- The British School Chanakyapuri New Delhi is the only affiliated IB school in Delhi as other schools like The Heritage and The Shriram have preferred opening IB schools in Gurgaon. It is however the oldest IB school in Delhi NCR. The school follows IB program starting from primary years (PYP) till Diploma (DP). The school has produced a decent IB result with 94% passing IB DP exam this year. Our rating: 8/10
The above ratings are based on parameters like Academics, Safety/Security, Individual attention to child, Parents-Teacher Interaction, Co and Extra curricular activities, Infrastructure and Teacher welfare steps adopted. To arrive to the ratings, we have taken 20% of Academics, 20% of Safety/Security and 20% of Individual attention to child as key parameters for overall ratings. These parameters are given highest weightage based on an online Survey we had run 3 months back. Other than these parameters, 15% of Co-curricular, 10% of Extra-curricular and 5% each of ‘Parents-Teacher Interaction’, ‘Infrastructure’ and ‘Teacher Welfare’ have been considered. Details of parameter wise ratings will follow soon.
The schools were surveyed on following parameters:
- Academics – Defined by principal/headmistress/academic coordinator lineage, average experience level of teachers, criteria for employment.
- Individual attention to child – Defined by Student Teacher Ratio, Parents Feedback.
- Safety/Security – Defined by Safety measures at Gates, CCTVs, Number of Floors, flooring/pool/play area safety, Bus safety standards, Parents Feedback.
- Infrastructure – Defined by facilities/amenities and quality of infra.
- Parents involvement – Defined by PTMs, Number of Events where parents are invited, Parents Feedback.
- Co-curricular -Defined by Intra and Inter school Events conducted, Parents Feedback.
- Extra curricular -Defined by Intra and Inter school Events conducted, Association with Play academies, Play area infra, Parents Feedback.
- Teacher Welfare -Number of holidays for teachers, average working hours, Teacher Welfare Survey feedback.